A quick post on developing the blog:
- I’m slowly adding my notes from earlier learning opportunities – mainly these are notes from formal talks and lectures.
- Turns out I have been capturing these notes on and off since 2010 so might take me a while to get up to speed
- I’m trying to date the entries as per when the learning happened… so in some cases the entry date and publication date will be adrift by many years!
- Soon I hope to start adding in more general learning points, for example personal reflections or post-activity retrospectives
- I might also adopt a looser approach to capturing learning as I go *tips hat to Weeknotes*
- As you can see I’ve stripped out any bells and whistles and gone for simplicity, readability and focus on written content.
- And – if you’re interested, I use a full WP install on some personal hosting provided by TSOhost. Currently a vanilla install of the “First” theme by Themehaus but I’ll probably start tinkering with the code of that at some point.
I’m planning to start sharing my learning in this site – so that over time it builds into a record of learning that I can refer back to. I’ll also try to tag and label it so that it can potentially be useful to other people!
I’ve been capturing my learning for a while, and have found it useful to use the following simple format:
* What it was (description of the learning)
* What I learned (the key point I took away)
* What I will aim to do differently as a result (if possible)
There’s quite a backlog of stuff to publish so it will take me time to get through it.
Some things worth noting:
* I appreciate that some courses (etc) can contain copyright information (and it isn’t always obvious what is / is not protected at the time) so if you think I’ve inadvertently reproduced something without sufficient permission or attribution, please contact me and I’ll happily take it down.
* The lessons I capture from talks (etc.) are absolutely not intended to be direct quotes from the individuals giving the talks – instead they are a summary of what I learned.
* The publication date of an entry won’t necessarily match to the date that the learning occurred.